Golden Mede housing project underway
The Rothschild Family have been a part of Waddesdon life for 150 years and have an ongoing commitment to its healthy and prosperous future. Golden Mede is a new housing initiative for the village that is therefore rooted in the past but firmly looking to the future. Work is now underway on the first phase of the project, with the first houses anticipated to be completed in Spring 2018.
We aim to deliver:
- Architectural excellence inspired by the best in Scandinavian design but shaped in the spirit of Waddesdon.
- Longevity for the homes and landscaping that are fit for purpose and will stand the test of time.
- A sense of place created both within the development and integrated into the wider Waddesdon community.
- A commitment to the environment through building performance that goes beyond current regulations.
- A minimum of 16 affordable homes managed through our partner housing association.
The project will be delivered in three phases: the first is the eastern side of the Golden Mede site, which will be followed by the western side, and then phase three on the Warmstone Lane site.
Planning permission was granted in November 2015 and work began onsite in February 2017. It is anticipated that the first houses will be completed by March 2018. The entire scheme, including landscaping, is due to be finished by October 2019. Throughout construction, the Rothschild Foundation will continue to liaise with the Parish Council and keep residents informed.
Visit the Golden Mede sales website.