Golden Mede is a new high-quality housing development in Waddesdon devised and managed by The Rothschild Foundation with architects C.F. Møller. The development will consist of 75 homes.
We aim to deliver:
- Architectural excellence inspired by the best in Scandinavian design but shaped in the spirit of Waddesdon.
- Longevity for the homes and landscaping that are fit for purpose and will stand the test of time.
- A sense of place created both within the development and integrated into the wider Waddesdon community.
- A commitment to the environment through building performance that goes beyond current regulations.
- A minimum of 16 affordable homes managed through our partner housing association.
The project will be delivered in three phases: the first is the eastern side of the Golden Mede site, which will be followed by the western side, and then phase three on the Warmstone Lane site.
Planning permission was granted in November 2015 and work began onsite in February 2017. It is anticipated that the first houses will be completed by March 2018. The entire scheme, including landscaping, is due to be finished by October 2019. Throughout construction, the Rothschild Foundation will continue to liaise with the Parish Council and keep residents informed.
Further details about the development can be found on the Golden Mede website. A link is provided below.
In creating this new housing development, we wanted to emulate the historic standards of excellence set by Baron Ferdinand while, at the same time, embracing the spirit of modernity. – Hannah Rothschild